What This Policy Covers
- If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at the address at the end of this policy.
Information we Collect, and How we Use It
All users can view our content without sharing any personal information (such as name, address, phone number, etc.). However, we do collect anonymous information about your viewing experience, and we do receive personal contact information when you submit a contact form or subscribe to our email services. This section describes how we collect and use both types of information.
- Email newsletters and dashboards. When you register to receive our e-mail newsletters or to maintain a dashboard account on our site or app, we only add you to our mailing list if you authorize us to. Moreover, we do not share your e-mail address or other personal information with other companies unless authorized by you.
- Surveys and Contests: From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys. These typically require personal contact information, which we store in a database and use to notify winners and award prizes. Again, we do not sell or re-distribute this information unless the specific program specifies.
- Children's privacy. Our sites and apps are intended to be used by individuals over the age of 18. We do not seek or willingly collect information on children under the age of 18. If we discover that we have collected information on a child under the age of 13, then we will delete that information from our system.
Anonymous, Automated Tracking
As is true of most websites and mobile apps, we automatically collect and store non-personal information from your device using cookies and other tracking technologies. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the website and mobile apps, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This information may be be stored in our databases and with third-party vendors who help us manage this data. It includes:
- Log files and IP addresses. As is true of most websites and mobile apps, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files or databases. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- Cookies, web beacons and mobile identifiers. We also use standard Internet technologies called cookies and clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to track usage of our sites and apps.
- A cookie is a small amount of data that a Web sites server sends to your browser, which is stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be removed from your hard drive. Also, depending on the type and version of web browser you are using, you may be able to change how your computer treats cookies so that cookies are not used or saved. Please check with your browser provider for more information on removing cookies.
- Clear gif web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
- Similar to web beacons, we use a third-party service to encrypt mobile device IDs into a unique identifier that is used to track app usage, and to send any mobile alerts that you ask to receive.
- In some instances, we may tie the information gathered by cookies, clear gifs or encrypted mobile identifiers to personally identifiable information. One such occasion might be to confirm how additional information was requested from a specific franchise.
- Mobile apps and location information: When you download or use our mobile apps, you may give permission to share your device’s real-time location (from cell towers or GPS). This information is used to provide services like localized search results. You can disable location-sharing at any time in your device settings.
- Cross-device tracking: Our sites and apps also participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. Learn more at cross-device-privacy.adobe.com about how Adobe does this and how you can opt-out of this if you so wish.
- Other sources. We may also obtain marketing data from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you, to create more tailored products.
Information Collected by Third-parties and Partners
- Links to other sites: Our website and mobile apps may contains links to other sites that we do not own or manager. Please be aware that we cannot control how they collect or manage personal information from their Web sites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies and data collection procedures.
When Information may be Shared
- Special cases and legal requirements. We reserve the right to share either personal or non-personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other requests to cooperate with legal enforcement.
How we Store and Protect Your Information
- Security measures. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While no data transfer can be completely secure, we will make reasonable efforts to secure your data while being transferred, stored or processed.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Updates to this Policy
Changing your Personal Contact Information
Last updated: April 29, 2014
- Unsubscribe from emails. You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email, or by using the link below.
- Access to Personally Identifiable Information. If you would like to review, correct or change your personal information or need assistance unsubscribing, please contact us at the email or address below. The Team